LOS ANGELES, June 29, 2009 â€“ Veteran wardrobe stylists and designers will host a complimentary â€œStyle Deskâ€ aboard Crystal Cruisesâ€™ new â€œSun, Sea and Euro-Styleâ€ sailing this fall. Crystalâ€™s Experiences of Discovery program promises an experience to remember as fashion experts offer one-on-one consultations, answer fashion dilemmas and help travelers enhance their own personal sense of style. Setting the stage for the ultra-luxury lineâ€™s new Fashion & Style cruise is Crystal Serenityâ€™s 12-day Mediterranean itinerary from Venice to Barcelona on October 20.
Stylist/costume designer Anna Wycoff and designer Gayle Davis will also provide an insiderâ€™s look at the fashion world, with a strong emphasis on European style. The team will present a colorful look at the evolution of European fashion and cinema costuming, culminating in a fanciful afternoon tea themed with a 1950â€™s vintage fashion show.
Fashionable highlights of the voyage include:
- Fashion & Style Desk â€“ Stylists offer personal consultations to perfect your look.
- Personal Style â€“ Embracing Authenticity as a Virtue â€“ From Bardot to Bogart: A discussion of signature styles.
- European Cinema Costuming â€“ Learn how costumes enhance a film’s story, and examine iconic characters from films like La Dolce Vita and Roman Holiday set in the shipâ€™s destinations.
- A European Fashion Evolution â€“ Explore the 1950â€™s to 60â€™s, when a radical ready-to-wear European revolution replaced manicured couture.
- Fashion Show Tea â€“ â€œRiviera Rendezvous,â€ a vintage fashion show created exclusively for Crystal guests.
Anna Wyckoff is a Los Angeles-based costume designer and personal wardrobe stylist who has styled runway shows on both coasts. Gayle Davis is the co-owner of the M Stevens dancewear company who also custom designs and styles under her own label.
â€œThe Mediterranean provides a chic backdrop to an insightful look at memorable European fashion,â€ says Christopher Escamilla, Crystalâ€™s entertainment coordinator. â€œAlways open and accessible, with infectious enthusiasm, Anna and Gayle are fashion cheerleaders for men and women.â€
The 12-day cruise visits Venice, Dubrovnik, Catania, Civitavecchia/Rome, Livorno/Florence, Monte Carlo and Barcelona. With Celebration Savings of up to $1,500 per person, fares start at $4,515, per person, double occupancy, plus $1,000 All Inclusive â€“ As You Wish onboard spending credits.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent or call 888-799-4625. Visit the lineâ€™s website at crystalcruises.com.