FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. â€“ Fans looking to stretch the baseball season into the winter months can enjoy the warmth of the Caribbean with some of their favorite former Major League Baseball stars with MSCâ€™s â€œBaseball Greatsâ€ cruises onboard the MSC Poesia.
Interact with former Major Leaguers who played and were stars on several recognizable teams. â€œBaseball Greatsâ€ cruises offer free guest/player activities including a player-hosted trivia game, a question-and-answer session, a guest pitching contest, and a lively story-telling session.
Baseball players host pitching, hitting, fielding, and base running clinics. One of the most popular aspects of the experience includes a free autograph session.
These Caribbean cruises are roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., and feature the following itineraries and former Major League Baseball players:
* 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on November 14 with Indiansâ€™ Hall-of-Famer Bob Feller, Tommy Davis (Dodgersâ€™ two-time batting champion), Glenn Beckert (Cubsâ€™ All-Star, Gold Glove second-baseman), Clarence Jones (player and hitting coach for 20 years with the Braves and Indians) and Stan Bahnsen (a star pitcher for the Yankees).
* 7-night Western Caribbean cruise on December 5 with Graig Nettles (All-Star, Gold Glove third-baseman for the Yankees), Amos Otis (All-Star, Gold Glove center-fielder for the KC Royals), Dave Campbell (infielder for the Tigers and Padres, and award-winning broadcaster for ESPN), Stan Bahnsen, and one more (to be named);
* 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on January 9 with Andre Dawson (Cubs & Expos 2010 Hall-of-Fame inductee), Greg Luzinski (All-Star slugger for the Phillies and White Sox), Art Shamsky (outfielder and first-baseman for the 1969 â€œMiracle Metsâ€), Pete Mackanin (infielder for the Rangers and Expos, manager for the Pirates and Reds, and current bench coach for the Philadelphia Phillies), and Stan Bahnsen;
* 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on January 23 with Rick Burleson (Angels and Red Sox All-Star shortstop and appeared in the 1975 Red Sox versus Reds World Series), Rick Wise (No-hitter with the Phillies; and with the Red Sox, was the winning pitcher in game six of the 1975 World Series), Jim Fregosi (All-Star shortstop and managed the Phillies to the 1983 World Series), Stan Bahnsen, and one more (to be named)
* 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on February 6 with Randy Hundley (the Cubs All-Star, Gold Glove catcher), Roland Hemond (Baseball guru and two-time MLB General Manager of the year in 1972 with the White Sox and 1989 with the Orioles), Stan Bahnsen, and two players (to be named)
Caribbean cruise-only rates begin at $529 per person, double occupancy (government fees/taxes additional).
For more information about MSC Cruises, visit us online at www.msccruisesusa.com, call 877-665-4655, or contact a local travel professional.