LOS ANGELES, January 12, 2009 – Fostering a commitment to progressive programming, Crystal Cruises is enhancing its Mind, Body & Spirit itineraries with a prestigious new partnership. The luxury line is teaming up with the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine, whose mission is improving health, well-being and quality of life by blending the best of Eastern and Western medicines.
Dr. Ka-Kit Hui is the highly acclaimed chair in integrative East-West medicine at the UCLA School of Medicine and the center’s founder and director. Aboard two wellness-themed Experiences of Discovery itineraries, Dr. Hui will share his expertise on general health and wellness via an innovative practice of integrative medicine. He joins Crystal’s preeminent partners, the Cleveland Clinic and Tai Chi Cultural Center, along with a robust portfolio of distinguished health and wellness practitioners, aboard a March 27 Hong Kong-Beijing sailing and a May 7 Los Angeles-Miami voyage.
“It is our priority to continue to raise the bar with our onboard programming, as our guests are discerning well-educated, health-conscious and inquisitive about the newest and best wellness practices,” said Kristin Turner, manager of entertainment. “Our new partnership with the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine allows them to gain cutting-edge information from the top experts in the field.”
Other health and wellness components include:
- Cleveland Clinic – Medical luminaries from one of the nation’s most respected academic communities lecture on the latest trends and treatments;
- Tai Chi Cultural Center – Experts lead classes that help participants gain happiness, health, harmony and healing;
- Crystal’s Exclusive Walk on Water program – Utilizes WALKVESTÂ® Training System for walking with weight resistance;
- State-of-the-Art Kinesisâ„¢ Equipment – Uses smooth cable resistance, greatly improving strength, flexibility and balance;
- Tour de Spin Indoor Cycling Classes – Mirrors three stages of the Tour de France and benefits the Lance Armstrong Foundation;
- Acupuncture – Treatment menu focuses on weight loss, pain management, stress reduction, detoxification, smoking cessation, facial rejuvenation and sea sickness; and
- Healthy Culinary Options – Low-fat, low-carb and sugar-free options on virtually every menu.
Mind, Body & Spirit cruise fares begin at $4,995 per person, double occupancy. For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent or call 888-799-4625. Visit the line’s website, crystalcruises.com.