LOS ANGELES, August 15, 2006 – Doctors from the renowned Cleveland Clinic will take to sea aboard the luxurious Crystal Serenity this December with experts on yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates, and even a PGA golf pro. Guests intent on restoring life balance will enjoy progressive seminars, wellness programs and fitness-focused shore excursions during Crystal Cruises’ 10-day Caribbean Health & Fitness cruise.
“Wellness is a hot topic among today’s consumers, and Crystal Cruises provides complimentary access to some of the most respected names and institutions in the wellness community,” says Kristin Turner, manager, entertainment at Crystal Cruises. “Amidst the pampering services of Crystal Serenity, this cruise enables guests to experience a renewed focus on their own lifestyle and well-being.”
With a philosophy on wellness and fitness as a way of life rather than just a part of life, health and fitness specialists emphasize a mind-body connection for overall health, putting the focus on prevention and lifestyle. Doctors from The Cleveland Clinic, ranked as one of the top three hospitals in America by U.S. News & World Report, lead a healthy roster of experts in presenting wellness seminars on progressive topics such as:
- Dr. Tanya Edwards, MD, M.Ed. Medical Director of The Cleveland Clinic Center for Integrative Medicine, presents an overview of complementary and alternative medicine;
- Dr. Jane Ehrman, M.Ed., Clinical Hypnotherapist and mind/body coach at The Cleveland Clinic Center for Integrative Medicine, addresses cancer recovery, stress management, women and wellness, and spirituality; and,
- Carol Spear, MS, RMT, CMP, CD (DONA) is a Reiki Master also at The Cleveland Clinic, specializing in this Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation to promote healing;
Expounding on life-enhancing nutritional regimens:
- Dr. Fedon Lindberg focuses on diet and lifestyle modification as a means to prevent and treat obesity, diabetes and heart disease, with a special emphasis on Mediterranean diets.
Adding an active balance to the wellness programs are sessions of progressive fitness programs, many with their roots based in ancient healing practices:
- Dr. Martin and Emily Lee of the Tai Chi Cultural Center in Los Angeles offer lectures and daily classes;
- PJ and Emily Haring of Kamalalova Yoga also in Los Angeles host daily classes emphasizing use of meditation and intuition to allow students a deeper yoga experience;
- Crystal’s own exclusive Walk-on-Water program features the Walkvest Training System that has revolutionized the benefits of walking by simply adding resistance (added weight) – guests enjoy incredible views as they walk Crystal Serenity’s promenade deck; and,
- PGA Teaching Professional Bruce Murray hosts lectures on various aspects of the game and will also be available for private lessons.
Traveling round-trip from Miami on December 5, 2007, Crystal Serenity journeys to the idyllic Southern Caribbean ports of Aruba, Dutch West Indies; Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles; Grenada, Barbabos, and Antigua, West Indies. Each island offers its own opportunity for active outdoor adventure including:
- Kayaking excursions in the crystalline waters of Aruba and Antigua;
- Horseback adventures along the scenic trails of Aruba;
- Power snorkeling in Barbados uses the latest in state-of-the-art snorkeling gear to allow snorkelers to move through the water with speed and comfort; and,
- Helmet diving near De Palm Island in Aruba allowing the true adventurer a chance to walk on the ocean floor.
Throughout the cruise, Crystal’s own fitness director will conduct daily exercise classes and personal training sessions in the state-of-the-art gym. The Crystal Spa is designed in accordance with the principles of Feng Shui, the Oriental Art of Placement to evoke health, prosperity and happiness, and offers a variety of treatments applying these principles to the body. Fresh fruit, fresh fish, creative salads and low-calorie or low carb meals are available throughout the ship.
Since 2003, Crystal Cruises has partnered with such esteemed institutions as The Cleveland Clinic and the Tai Chi Cultural Center to provide world-class enrichment programming as part of its Creative Learning Institute. The Health & Fitness theme cruises expand on these quality partnerships with a more concentrated focus on wellness.
The Crystal Difference
Crystal Cruises enjoys a reputation for excellence, grounded in over a decade of prestigious accolades. Most recently, Crystal has been voted “World’s Best Large-Ship Cruise Line” by the readers of Cond Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure magazines for 10 and 11 consecutive years, respectively – the only cruise line, resort or hotel to have achieved such distinction.
For additional information, please contact a travel agent or call 888-799-4625. Visit the luxury line’s website at www.crystalcruises.com.