LOS ANGELES, May 26: Luxury cruise specialist Crystal Cruises has launched a dynamic new website at crystalcruises.com, designed to convey the elegance and wonder of the Worldâ€™s Best cruise line. With striking photography, interactive slide shows and unique special features, the new site creates a personal online experience, presenting Crystalâ€™s award-winning brand of service, space, quality and choices with innovative and compelling style.
Immediately engaging, the new siteâ€™s dynamic Homepage showcases revolving flash modules of stunning imagery and key promotional messages. From here, users can explore the siteâ€™s most intriguing new component, the interactive photo-rich Crystal Experience, as well as descriptive content about Destinations, Crystal Adventures shore excursions, Featured Special Offers, and the comprehensive Cruise Guidebook â€“ an informative combination of the previous siteâ€™s Life on Board and Before You Sail sections, as well as Crystalâ€™s worldwide cruise atlas. Other dedicated sections include a new Voyage Finder plus such refreshed features as Find an Agent, Special Offers, Media Center, Meetings & Incentives, and much more.
â€œThe core principle for the new website design is to captivate our visitors with the wonder of Crystal Cruises, to instantly speak to their interests and emotions and draw them in,â€ says Nitsa Lewis, Crystalâ€™s vice president of marketing. â€œOur new online experience is a powerful expression of the Crystal brand, offering compelling and intuitive ways to explore destinations and excursions, and using design and imagery that brings to life the essence of cruising with the Worldâ€™s Best.â€
The new crystalcruises.com represents the pinnacle of luxury travel planning, taking researching a Crystal vacation online to an entirely new level. Key attributes of the site include:
- The Crystal Experience: accessed from the Homepage, this area delivers on its name with 26 visual tours and detailed narratives depicting life aboard Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity. In addition to Ships, individual slide shows are also dedicated to Service; Sea & Shore, enriching activities and adventures both on board and ashore; and Society, information on the lineâ€™s past guest program the Crystal Society. Here also users may view Crystal Days at Sea, Tour the Ships and the ever-popular Live Views.
- Destinations: grouped into 15 worldwide destinations, including a section devoted to the World Cruise, all of the lineâ€™s far-reaching and port-intensive itineraries through 2010 are presented with vivid photography capturing a view of the world through the multi-faceted lens of Crystal. A new roll-over feature allows browsers to glean a snapshot of each particular voyage right from the Destination Homepage, and if interested, click through to an informative page dedicated to that cruise. From any page within the Destination section, users may contact their Travel Agent directly, or request that a Crystal Expert Travel Agency contact them.
- Voyage Finder: among the most exciting enhancements, the new cruise search allows users to choose a voyage by destination, travel date, cruise length, ship, theme, or by all five criteria. As travel preferences are selected, the webpage refreshes with a list of matching cruises.
- Itinerary Pages: from the Destination section, individual voyages are accessed and presented in rich detail (Rooms & Fares, Entertainment & Programs, Crystal Adventures, Hotel Programs) including expandable port links with images and descriptions, and new interactive maps illustrating world location. A new enhancement, Similar Voyages, displays at the bottom of the itinerary page allowing users to consider a greater selection of voyages within a particular destination. Also included are Special Offers and Tour the Ship links, as well as a Recommended Reading List.
- Cruise Guidebook: one of the more unique features to be found on any cruise line website, the Cruise Guidebook models the detailed â€˜back-of-the-bookâ€™ information provided in Crystalâ€™s annual Worldwide Atlas. Accessed at the top of the page from anywhere on the site, it contains detailed information on virtually every aspect of traveling with Crystal, from pre-cruise planning to shipboard life to the Crystal Society past guest program. The Cruise Guidebook also features a helpful search function and a print-by-page option.
Crystal will continue to enhance its online experience in the coming months with additional innovative features such as a new Shore Excursion Finder, Pre-Cruise check-in area and Travel Agent Center. For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent or call 888-799-4625. Visit the line’s new website, www.crystalcruises.com.