MIAMI, March 5: In 2010, Celebrity Cruises is bringing out some of its â€œSunday best.â€ Celebrityâ€™s 2010 cruises to Bermuda, Canada and New England opened for sale today, making available a new array of seven-night voyages departing on Sundays from Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey, all featuring the value of outstanding service, gourmet cuisine and spectacular destinations. Several longer voyages are available at the end of the season. The cruises will be offered on the 2,038-guest Celebrity Summit. Since 2005, Celebrity Summitâ€™s sister ship, Celebrity Constellation, sailed the lineâ€™s Canada/New England voyages.
From April to mid-June, Celebrity Summit will sail 7-night Bermuda and Bermuda/New England voyages. The Bermuda sailings feature three days and two nights in Kingâ€™s Wharf. Though the Bermuda/New England sailings vary by sailing date, they include two days and one night in Kingâ€™s Wharf, as well as visits to Newport, Rhode Island, and Boston, Massachusetts. The season marks the first time Celebrity Cruises has visited Bermuda since 2006.
Celebrityâ€™s first-ever 7-night Canada/New England sailings will take place throughout July and August. The itinerary includes stops in Saint John, New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Portland and Bar Harbor, Maine. In September and October, Celebrity also will offer its standard 14-night cruises in the region, offering an overnight stay in Quebec City, Quebec, as well as visits to Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maine, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
During these cruises, guests can explore the destinations that they visit through a variety of engaging shore excursions. Highlights of these offerings include the following:
Kingâ€™s Wharf, Bermuda:
- â€œBermuda Triangle Shipwreck Snorkel,â€ where guests can get acquainted with the undersea world through a boatâ€™s glass bottom panels before experiencing Bermudaâ€™s wreck and reef snorkeling
- â€œRestless Native Catamaran Cruise,â€ which includes a cruise on a sailing catamaran to a shallow snorkeling spot, onboard sunbathing with refreshments, and information about Bermudaâ€™s history, culture, geology and undersea ecology
- â€œThe Best of Portland and Kennebunkportâ€ in Maine, where guests can enjoy the highlights of Portland and Portland Head Light, which has been at the harborâ€™s entrance since 1791, as well as the charm of Kennebunkport, known for its stunning mansions built by wealthy sea captains and merchants in the 1700s and 1800s
- â€œAcadia National Park and Lobster Bakeâ€ in Bar Harbor, Maine, where guests can enjoy the highlights of Acadia National Park and the spectacular scenery of the Park Loop Road, as well as a traditional â€œdowneastâ€ lobster bake
- â€œFamous Peggyâ€™s Cove Fishing Villageâ€ in Halifax, Nova Scotia, where guests journey along coastal roads to a rustic working fishing village where 60 people live year-round before continuing on to experiences at Peggyâ€™s Cove and a lobster fishery
- â€œSt.-Anne-de-Beaupre and Montmorency Fallsâ€ in Quebec City, where guests visit one of North Americaâ€™s most important sites for Catholicism, the world-renowned shrine of St.-Anne-de-Beaupre, and visit the spectacular Montmorency Falls, which are 1.5 times higher than Niagara Falls.
For more information, call your travel agent, dial 1-800-437-3111 or visit www.celebritycruises.com.