Miami – (March 05, 2008 ) – Celebrity Cruises, known for providing “star treatment” to its guests, plans to offer star treatment to one of its ships. Celebrity Galaxy will undergo an approximately $4-million makeover during its scheduled drydock in Freeport, Bahamas, from April 18 through May 2. During that time:
- The ship’s two-level main dining room will be completely refurbished, with new, contemporary carpeting, reupholstered and newly varnished chairs, new waiter stations, and entirely new floor-to-ceiling columns.
- The adjacent RendezVous Lounge will be enhanced with entirely new upholstery, as will the Martini Bar, one of the Celebrity brand’s most popular signature spaces.
- Not to be upstaged, the Celebrity Theater will be completely refurbished, with new carpeting and upholstery throughout.
- The casual dining and buffet areas will be entirely revitalized, with new chairs, carpeting, upholstery and lighting.
- The neighboring pool deck area will be made even more inviting, with new teak bolidt decking, and striking new glass tiles surrounding the pool.
- The retail area also will be enhanced, with entirely refurbished jewelry boutiques and brighter, more contemporary new product-display areas throughout.
- The Stratosphere Lounge – an observation area by day and dance club by night – will feature entirely new carpets and lounge seating upholstery.
- Contemporary new carpeting will be laid in 250 staterooms, and new sinks and new upholstery will complement the same work that already has been completed in the balance of the shipÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s staterooms.
Additionally, Celebrity Galaxy’s Michael’s Club jazz/piano bar – a Celebrity signature favorite across the fleet – already has been entirely refurbished.
Celebrity Cruises offers comfortably sophisticated, upscale cruise experiences with highly personalized service, exceptional dining, and extraordinary attention to detail. Celebrity sails in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, California, Canada/New England, the Caribbean, Europe, Galapagos Islands, Hawaii, the Pacific Coast, Panama Canal and South America. The line also offers unique land-tour vacations in Alaska, Canada, Europe and Australia through its cruisetour affiliate. Noted for “The Top Cruise Ships in the World,” as voted by the readers of Conde’ Nast Traveler (February 2008 readersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ poll), Celebrity’s current fleet will be joined by Celebrity Solstice in 2008, Celebrity Equinox in 2009, Celebrity Eclipse in 2010, and a fourth Solstice-class ship in 2011. For more information, call your travel agent, dial 1-800-437-3111 or visit Celebrity Cruises website. And for more information about Celebrity Solstice, visit Cruise Celebrity Solstice.