Miami – (December 12, 2008 ) – This holiday season, Celebrity Cruises and sister brand Azamara Cruises believe the gift that keeps on giving is the host of awards and honors the brands have received this year from travel partners, press, cruise guests and noted authorities in some of the industry’s most prestigious surveys and readers’ polls around the world.
Last night, Celebrity took top honors as “Best Premium Cruise Line,” further confirming the brand’s longtime lock on that position, while sister brand Azamara Cruises’ Azamara Journey earned “Best Premium Ship” honors at the annual Travel Weekly awards gala.
“This has been an extraordinary year for Celebrity, with the widely-heralded launch of Celebrity Solstice, and an unprecedented series of awards won for the entire fleet,” said Celebrity’s President & CEO Dan Hanrahan. “We’re also very proud of Azamara Cruises, which, in its first full year of service, has generated meaningful recognition from esteemed travel agent and readers’ surveys, as well as from our guests.”
In addition to last night’s awards, Celebrity received the following honors in this year alone:
- “Best Cruise Line â€“ Cuisine” and “Best Cruise Line â€“ Spa” -Recommend magazine’s 12th Annual Readers’ Choice Awards (December)
- “Top Cruise Line: Premium” – Travel Trade’s First Annual Readers’ Choice Awards (December)
- “Outstanding Incentive supplier and Platinum Partner” – Incentive magazine
- “Best Casinos” and “Best Northern Europe Itineraries” in Porthole’s 10th Annual Readers’ Choice Awards (December)
- “One of the top five cruise lines for spas” – Spa magazine’s readers’ poll (November/December)
- “Best Cruise Line” by the readers of the Daily Telegraph (UK) (November)
- “One of the World’s top 10 Cruise Lines” in the large-ship category – CondÃ© Nast Traveler’s “Top 100 Best in the World” Readers’ Poll (November)
- “Best Healthful and Alternative Dining” – CruiseCritic’s Annual Editors’ Picks Awards (October)
- “Best Premium Cruise Line” – Agent@Home Readers’ Choice Awards (October)
- “Best Cruise Line” – The Guardian and Observer (UK) Annual Travel Awards (October)
- “Best Cruise Line” in the large-ship category – Conde Nast Traveller’s (UK) Annual Readers’ Awards (September)
- “Best Premium Cruise Line” as named by CruiseOne/Cruises Inc. (September)
- One of the “World”s Best Cruise Lines” in the large-ship category – Travel + Leisure (August)
- “Best Cruiseline for Health, Wellness and Spa” and “Editor’s Pick for Best Cruise Line for Overall Guest Satisfaction” – TravelAge West’s Annual Awards
- “Recycler of the Year” as named by the City of San Diego in its 16th Annual Waste Reduction and Recycling Awards
- One of the top five in Celebrated Living’s annual “Platinum List” poll of best large resort ships
- For the third consecutive year, the readers of CondÃ© Nast Traveler (February) voted Celebrity Constellation the number-one large ship in the world; Celebrity Summit second, Celebrity Millennium third, and Celebrity Infinity sixth, placing every Millennium-class ship in the top 10, retaining Celebrity’s position as the world’s top-rated premium cruise line.
- One of the “World’s Best Cruise Lines” – CondÃ© Nast Traveler’s annual “Gold List” (January)
- “Best Premium Cruise Line” – Agent@Home Readers’ Choice Awards
- Top honors in BACARDI Cruise Competition’s Rocks/Highball Cocktail category
- The Lawn Club on Celebrity Solstice – Greenroofs.comâ€™s “Hot Trends Top 10 List”
Meanwhile, deluxe brand Azamara Cruises, whose Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest marked one year in service this year, netted the following honors, in addition to those from Travel Weekly:
- “Smart Luxury Award” – ShermansTravel.com Annual Smart Luxury Awards
- “Best Itineraries” – Best-in-Class/Best Cruise Ships category – CruiseCritic Editors’ Picks Awards
- “Best Luxury Cruise Line” as named by Cruise One/Cruises Inc.
- “Best Cruise Line for Expedition Cruising” – Travel Age West WAVE Awards
Celebrity Cruises offers comfortably sophisticated, upscale cruise experiences with highly personalized service, exceptional dining, and extraordinary attention to detail. Celebrity sails in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, California, Canada/New England, the Caribbean, Europe, Galapagos Islands, Hawaii, the Pacific Coast, Panama Canal and South America. The line also offers unique cruisetour vacations in Alaska, Australia, Canada, Europe and South America. Noted for four of the top 10 “Top Cruise Ships in the World” in the large-ship category, as voted by the readers of CondÃ© Nast Traveler (February 2008 readers’ poll), Celebrity’s fleet â€“ including the new Celebrity Solstice â€“ will be joined by Celebrity Equinox in 2009, Celebrity Eclipse in 2010, a fourth Solstice-class ship in 2011, and a fifth in 2012. For more information, call your travel agent, dial 1-800-437-3111. or visit Celebrity Cruises website.
Azamara Cruises unlocks the hidden corners of the world for those who desire to immerse themselves in the rich details of every voyage. The deluxe ships â€“ Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest â€“ offer an intimate experience, while allowing access to exotic destinations experienced travelers long to reach. For the 694 guests on each Azamara Cruises ship, every moment at sea embodies the pinnacle of luxury, and each footstep on shore accentuates the difference between visiting a place and getting a true sense of place. This year, Azamara Cruises presents the best of enchanting Europe, elite Asia, and the most captivating Caribbean and the Panama Canal. The line also offers unique cruisetours in Asia and Europe. For more information, travel agents are encouraged to call 1-877-222-2526. Guests are invited to call 1-877-999-9553.