MIAMI, March 20 — Carnival Cruise Lines’ 2,642- passenger Carnival Destiny will operate a new five-port, seven-day itinerary from San Juan featuring a rare overnight call in La Romana/Casa de Campo, along with day-long visits to St. Kitts, Dominica, Barbados and St. Thomas/St. John. The new itinerary begins Jan. 8, 2008.
“The Southern Caribbean is one of the world’s most sought-after cruising regions, with lush landscapes, interesting cultures and historical attractions, and absolutely gorgeous beaches. Carnival Destiny’s innovative five-port, seven-day itinerary showcases this spectacular region with visits to five distinct island destinations, each offering guests a truly unique on- shore experience,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.
Five Magnificent Island Destinations
- The overnight call in Casa de Campo, at La Romana in the Dominican Republic, provides Carnival Destiny guests with additional opportunities to explore this elegant resort area. Its many attractions include Altos de Chavon, a quaint 16th century Mediterranean village replica offering myriad daytime and evening entertainment options, a wide variety of nightclubs, restaurants and shops, and world-class golfing and beaches. A shore excursion option to Santo Domingo — the country’s historic capital — will be offered as well.
- The breathtaking island of St. Kitts offers a landscape of rugged mountainous interiors and dense rainforest. The popular destination also features excellent examples of West Indian and Creole architecture, as well as centuries-old fortresses and plantations, myriad shopping opportunities and beaches ranging in color from black to golden.
- Barbados is a friendly British isle boasting particularly beautiful aqua- blue waters and white sand beaches, along with a diversity of shopping, dining and watersports opportunities.
- The largest of the Windward Islands, Dominica is a 289-square-mile island with lush mountains, hot springs and volcanoes, as well as gorgeous white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters teeming with tropical fish.
- St. Thomas is one of the Caribbean’s most popular islands boasting excellent duty-free shopping bargains and world-famous beaches. The stop includes an optional shore excursion to St. John, a 20-square-mile island paradise whose Trunk Bay Beach consistently ranks among the world’s best.
Variety of ‘Fun Ship’ Amenities
One of the largest cruise ships at sea, the 101,353-ton Carnival Destiny was the first cruise ship to exceed 100,000 tons and ushered in the era of the mega-liner, introducing a host of new and exciting innovations. The vessel underwent a multi-million-dollar renovation in 2005 that included the addition of a new teen club — part of the line’s popular “Club O2” program — along with a renovated Lido restaurant and children’s pool, redesigned casino, and updated suites. Also featured are 18 lounges and bars, four restaurants, four swimming pools, Carnival’s signature 214-foot-long “Twister Waterslide,” an on-board duty-free shopping mall, a 15,000-square-foot spa and health club, a “Camp Carnival” children’s program with spacious facilities and fun-filled activities. A comprehensive golf program offering opportunities to play top Caribbean courses is also available.
Of its 1,321 staterooms, 60 percent offer either an ocean view or private balcony, perfect for scenic Caribbean cruising. All accommodations feature the Carnival Comfort Bed sleep system with plush mattresses, luxurious duvets and high quality linens and pillows.
Carnival is currently accepting reservations on the Carnival Destiny’s new five-port, seven-day schedule from San Juan. For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL, or visit www.carnival.com.