MIAMI, Jan. 18 — Carnival Cruise Lines, the world’s largest cruise operator, in conjunction with the Ocean Players Club, a casino rewards program for guests sailing aboard the World’s Leading Cruise Lines, is hosting its 2008 “Wild Winners” Tournament, comprised of a series of slot, blackjack and poker tournaments. The tournaments will be held on 10 different seven- to nine-day “Fun Ship” cruises operating January through October 2008, culminating in a grand final event on board Carnival’s newest ship, the 3,006-passenger Carnival Splendor in November.
“With convenient homeports located throughout the U.S. and a variety of itineraries to choose from, guests not only enjoy a memorable and fun cruise vacation, but also have the opportunity to compete for thousands of dollars in cash prizes,” said Vicki Freed, Carnival’s senior vice president of sales and guest services.
The preliminary slot and blackjack tournaments each offer a cash prize of $2,500. All first place winners receive complimentary balcony accommodations for two and a free entry to the Final Event on the Carnival Splendor Nov. 17. The Grand Final slot and blackjack tournaments will each offer $25,000 in cash prizes and the winner of the poker grand final event will win a $10,000 seat to the 2009 World Series of Poker (WSOP) in Las Vegas, NV, plus $1,000 cash for travel expenses. Entry fees for the slot and blackjack tournaments are $100 per person and $150 per person for the poker tournament.
Tournament dates are as follows:
- Feb. 3 — Carnival Pride: seven-day Mexican Riviera cruise departing from Long Beach/Los Angeles
- March 8 — Carnival Freedom: seven-day Eastern Caribbean cruise departing from Miami
- April 23 — Carnival Miracle: eight-day Eastern Caribbean cruise departing from New York
- May 10 — Carnival Glory: seven-day Eastern Caribbean cruise departing from Port Canaveral, FL
- June 15 — Carnival Pride: seven-day Mexican Riviera cruise departing from Long Beach/Los Angeles
- July 19 — Carnival Liberty: seven-day Western Caribbean cruise departing from Fort Lauderdale
- Aug. 17 — Carnival Conquest: seven-day Western Caribbean cruise departing from Galveston, TX
- Sept. 13 — Carnival Victory: seven-day Fall Foliage cruise departing from New York
- Oct. 18 — Carnival Spirit: nine-day Mexican Riviera cruise departing from San Diego
- Nov. 17 — Carnival Splendor: four-day Eastern Caribbean cruise departing from Fort Lauderdale (Grand Final Event)
The Ocean Players Club offers something for every level of player, from awards for playing slots to establishing credit lines and betting limits for high rollers. Players can earn points at the slots toward instant cash rewards, complimentary beverages, free gifts, and future cruise benefits. Membership in the Ocean Players Club is free and enrollment is coordinated with the casino host on board. For more information, visit www.oceanplayersclub.com. For additional information and reservations regarding the upcoming “Wild Winners” slot and blackjack tournaments, contact any travel agent, call 1-888-OPC-CLUB or visit www.carnival.com.