Miami – (May 28, 2008 ) – A popular song may have touted the allure of “one night in Bangkok,” but cruise enthusiasts who want more than one night in the region will delight in Azamara Cruises’ overnight-rich offerings for 2009-10. Azamara will offer a series of 14- to 18-night Southeast and Northeast Asian voyages and two 24-night repositioning cruises, each featuring two to six in-port overnight stays. Azamara also will offer guests the opportunity to spend seven nights in China on a cruisetour before or after their sailing. Azamaraâ€™s Asia bookings are open.
Azamara Quest, the 694-guest ship that underwent a $19-million makeover before its 2007 launch, will stay overnight in 10 ports during its Asia season: Bangkok, Thailand; Danang, Vietnam; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Ha Long Bay, Vietnam, Vietnam; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Hong Kong, China; Mumbai, India; Shanghai, China; Singapore; and Tianjin, China. Azamara Quest also will make day visits to 11 other ports, bringing the seasonâ€™s total ports to 21, in a total of 13 countries. Three ports will be new to the brand: Nagasaki, Japan; Phuket, Thailand; and Taipei, Taiwan. Additional highlights of the season include:
- Cruises from three homeports: Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore.
- A special 18-night Christmas and New Year’s voyage from December 22, 2009, to January 9, 2010, which overnights in six different ports, including two nights in Bangkok.
- An alternating pattern of 14-night Southeast Asia sailings between Hong Kong and Singapore in January and February 2010; these feature a day call in Danang and three overnights on every voyage, plus additional overnights in Bangkok and Ha Long Bay on the northbound itinerary, and an additional day call at Sihanoukville, Cambodia and a three-day call at Bangkok on the southbound itinerary.
- A one-time Northeast Asia sailing from Hong Kong to Shanghai on March 6, featuring overnights in Hong kong, Shanghai and Beijing, as well as visits to Taipei and Nagasaki.
- The opportunity to experience Azamara Quest for 24 nights on two repositioning cruises between Athens, Greece, and Singapore, each featuring overnight stays in Dubai and Mumbai as well as a visit to Phuket.
- New dock locations in Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City and Ha Long Bay, bringing guests closer to the cities via docks that are inaccessible to larger ships.
- “Essence of Cambodia” â€“ A three-day shore excursion in Sihanoukville featuring intensive visits to the famed Angkor Wat.
- “Cu Chi Tunnels” â€“ A day visit to Ho Chi Minh City’s extensive underground network of tunnels that were used by Vietnamese soldiers to remain unseen by their enemies.
- “Shanghai Classic Tour” â€“ An in-depth city tour featuring visits to the Jade Buddha Temple, the Bund (Shanghai’s most famous thoroughfare), the Yu Garden and Old Town.
- “Kyoto Experience” – A day tour to the former capital of Japan, featuring stops at shrines and temples preserved through World War II.
- “Morning Refresh in Lumpini Park” â€“ An opportunity to join the locals in Bangkok for some early-morning Tai Chi in a popular park.
- “Asian Cooking Experience” â€“ Multiple excursions offering firsthand instruction and experience in preparing highly intriguing cuisines such as those of Korea, Thailand and Vietnam.
Guests who wish to extend their Azamara experience in Asia can do so by adding a seven-night land-based cruisetour in China, either before or after their cruise.
The package includes the following:
- Three nights in Beijing, accompanied by tours of the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, and the Forbidden City, as well as a Peking Duck dinner.
- Two nights in Xian, featuring visits to the Terracotta Warriors Museum and the Shaanxi Provincial Museum.
- One night in Guilin, including an outing to the Sound and Lights show and a cruise on the River Li.
- One night in Hong Kong, featuring a sightseeing tour.
- Deluxe hotel accommodations in every city.
- Complete accompaniment by a tour guide.
- All transfers and intra-tour flights.
- Daily breakfast and several other meals.
Travel enthusiasts are encouraged to visit Azamara Cruises website for more information.
Azamara Cruises unlocks the hidden corners of the world for those who desire to immerse themselves in the rich details of every voyage. The deluxe ships â€“ Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest â€“ offer an intimate experience, while allowing access to exotic destinations experienced travelers long to reach. For the 694 guests on each Azamara Cruises ship, every moment at sea embodies the pinnacle of luxury, and each footstep on shore accentuates the difference between visiting a place and getting a true sense of place. This year, Azamara Cruises presents the best of enchanting Europe, elite Asia, and the most captivating Caribbean and the Panama Canal. The line also offers unique cruisetours in Europe. For more information, travel agents are encouraged to call 1-877-222-2526. Guests are invited to call 1-877-999-9553. Or, visit Azamara Cruises website.