LOS ANGELES, July 3, 2007 – Crystal Cruises has announced its 2008 lineup of theme cruises, headlined by an all new Arts & Antiquities program, a Classical Music voyage with distinguished performers, and an expanded series of Golf cruises with play at some of the world’s most exclusive courses. Long renowned for its onboard enrichment, Crystal seeks to tap the interests of today’s savvy traveler with varied programming emphasizing destination, culture, history and contemporary trends.
From Jazz and Big Band to a Film & Theatre cruise, Crystal’s 12 sophisticated theme programs are designed to meet the interests of its luxury guests with in-depth experiences in the world’s intriguing destinations. In 2008, the award-winning Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony will embark upon 61 voyages, 28 of which will feature focused programming ranging from wellness through Tai Chi, yoga and Pilates, to a special rendezvous with the majestic vessels of the Tall Ships races.
The Arts & Antiquities cruise explores the Greco-Roman empire aboard a cruise from Athens to Rome featuring artists, architects, and experts from top museums and auction houses, as well as a shipboard overnight in Cairo, and the chance to explore ancient Ephesus. Live performances and lectures highlight the Classical Music cruise, which features the special option of attending a performance at St. Petersburg’s famed Mariinsky Theatre and a classical concert at the Hermitage.
The luxury line also welcomes back the perennially popular Crystal Wine & Food Festival which celebrates its 12th year with a series of six voyages featuring eminent chefs and wine experts. Also returning by popular demand is the Golf cruise, expanded from one cruise in 2007 to three sailings in 2008, featuring Crystal’s exclusive partnership with TaylorMade and the chance to play world-class courses and learn from top PGA pros.
“Our theme voyages take Crystal’s renowned enrichment programming to the next level by offering more focused entertainment and enrichment programming in a setting that provides camaraderie among our guests,” says Kristin Turner, Crystal’s manager of entertainment. “Whether the cruise theme is a lifelong passion or a budding interest, guests will enjoy access to industry experts, talented performers and culinary stars, who bring an unparalleled depth of knowledge to today’s hot topics and interests.”
The 2008 theme cruise line-up includes:
new Arts & Antiquities – Renowned arts and antiquities experts lecture on board and ashore with explorations of ancient archeological sites and calls in architecturally significant cities of the Mediterranean.
- October 6; 12-day Mediterranean; Athens to Rome; Crystal Serenity
new Classical Music – Guest lectures and live performances highlight the music of Beethoven, Bach and Mozart aboard a voyage of the Baltic’s imperial cities. Famed mezzo-soprano Frederica von Stade headlines the entertainment lineup.
- June 7; 11-day Northern Europe; London to Stockholm; Crystal Symphony
expanded Golf – Three diverse itineraries feature instruction by top PGA pros, celebrity lectures, and shore excursions offering optional play at prestigious clubs, including the Monte Carlo Golf Club, and courses throughout New England, Europe and the Canary Islands.
- April 26; 11-day Mediterranean & Northern Europe; Rome to London; Crystal Serenity
- September 27; 11-day New England & Canada; MontrÃƒÂ©al to New York; Crystal Symphony
- October 30; 12-day Canary Islands; Barcelona to Lisbon; Crystal Serenity
Big Band & Ballroom Dancing – Days at sea mean time to swing aboard a Trans-Atlantic crossing featuring live music, lectures, guest entertainers, and ballroom dance competitions and instruction.
- ovember 21; 10-day Trans-Atlantic; Lisbon to Miami; Crystal Serenity
Comprehensive Creative Learning Institute – Offered on nine voyages and features expanded curriculums of progressive study offered in music, art and language; a computer course at the line’s Computer University@Sea offers transferable college credit during Crystal Serenity’s 2008 World Cruise.
- January 19; 13-day World Cruise Voyage I; Los Angeles to Papeete; Crystal Serenity
- February 1; 11-day World Cruise Voyage II; Papeete to Auckland; Crystal Serenity
- February 13; 14-day World Cruise Voyage III; Auckland to Sydney; Crystal Serenity
- February 27; 17-day World Cruise Voyage IV; Sydney to Hong Kong; Crystal Serenity
- March 3; 18-day Trans-Pacific; Los Angeles to Hong Kong; Crystal Symphony
- March 15; 12-day World Cruise Voyage V; Hong Kong to Singapore; Crystal Serenity
- March 27; 14-day World Cruise Voyage VI; Singapore to Mumbai; Crystal Serenity
- April 10; 16-day World Cruise Voyage VII; Mumbai to Rome; Crystal Serenity
- April 26; 11-day World Cruise Voyage VIII; Rome to London; Crystal Serenity
Film & Theatre Festival – Film authorities and guest lecturers salute film and theatre aboard a Trans-Atlantic crossing from London to New York.
- September 2; 14-day Trans-Atlantic; London to New York; Crystal Symphony
Jazz – The soulful music, history, and culture of jazz comes alive with guest performances and talks with industry experts during a cruise through the Mexican Riviera.
- November 30; 7-day Mexican Riviera; round-trip Los Angeles; Crystal Symphony
Mind, Body & Spirit – Experts in Tai Chi, yoga and Pilates focus on rejuvenation and wellness aboard two December voyages to South America and the Caribbean.
- December 7; 15-day South America; Los Angeles to ValparaÃƒÂso; Crystal Symphony
- December 12; 11-day Panama Canal; Caldera to Miami; Crystal Serenity
President’s Cruise – Crystal Cruises President Gregg L. Michel and his family host a special Mediterranean sailing from Athens to Rome.
- August 24; 12-day Mediterranean; Athens to Rome; Crystal Serenity
Smithsonian Journeys – Historical and cultural insights from lecturers of the Smithsonian Institute add enrichment to the fascination of transiting the Panama Canal.
- January 4; 15-day Panama Canal; Miami to Los Angeles; Crystal Serenity
Tall Ships – Experience and learn about the world’s largest sailing event, a regatta of more than 80 masted sailing ships measuring 325 feet, during a British Isles voyage.
- July 13; 11-day Northern Europe; round-trip London; Crystal Symphony
Crystal Wine & Food Festival – World renowned chefs and wine experts lead a gastronomic exploration of the world with lectures, demonstrations, special menus and tastings aboard and ashore, during five voyages to Asia, the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, and New England and Canada.
- April 25; 16-day Asia; Singapore to Dubai; Crystal Symphony
- May 7; 12-day Western European; London to Rome; Crystal Serenity
- May 25; 13-day Western European; Athens to London; Crystal Symphony
- July 31; 12-day Mediterranean; Monte Carlo to Venice; Crystal Serenity
- October 18; 12-day Mediterranean; Rome to Barcelona; Crystal Serenity
- October 19; 10-day New England & Canada; MontrÃƒÂ©al to New York; Crystal Symphony
About Crystal Cruises
With an emphasis on innovative product differentiation, Crystal Cruises’ ultra-luxury ships, Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity, are distinguished by classic service, abundant space, exceptional quality and extensive choices. The line enjoys an unparalleled reputation for excellence, anchored in 11 consecutive years of “World’s Best Large-Ship Cruise Line” awards by the readers of Travel + Leisure and CondÃƒÂ© Nast Traveler magazines – the only cruise line, resort or hotel to have achieved such distinction.
For additional information, please contact a travel agent or call 888-799-4625. Visit the luxury line’s website at crystalcruises.com.