LOS ANGELES, September 08, 2008 – Artistically rendered acrobatic performances in Shanghai; Chinese cooking classes in Hong Kong; and a snorkeling adventure on Thailand’s breathtaking Phi Phi Islands rated in the top 10 Asia Crystal Adventure picks selected from thousands of Crystal Cruises’ guests who sailed on the line’s 2008 Asia itineraries.
Other Crystal Adventures that made the cut include a sumptuous dinner at Myanmar’s lavish Governor’s Residence Hotel in Yangon followed by a visit to the spectacular gilded Shwedagon Pagoda, and an excursion to Malaysia’s Kuala Lumpur area, complete with a cave spelunking expedition.
“Our sophisticated and well-traveled guests prefer experiential, cultural immersions that provide enduring memories,” said John Stoll, director, land programs.
The Top 10 Crystal Asia Adventures, in order of popularity, are:
- Acrobatic Performance – Be mesmerized by a Shanghai acrobatic troupe that delivers unexpectedly skillful and beautiful performances;
- The Essence of Chinese Cooking – Partake in a cooking class in Hong Kong, learning how to create two classic Chinese dishes and a mouth-watering appetizer;
- Phi Phi Snorkeling Adventure – Snorkel the waters of these islands, featuring sheer cliffs overhead that give way to beach-fronted jungle;
- 4. Kuala Lumpur: Caves, Pewter & History – Take in the sites of this bustling city and surrounding areas, with a cave spelunking adventure and pewter making lesson;
- Dinner at the Governor’s Residence Hotel with Cultural Show & Shwedagon Pagoda – Dine in this grand teak hotel – and visit the venerable Shwedagon Pagoda;
- 6. Cheraim Spa and Wat Chalong Temple – Revel in the treatments at this spa village along with a visit to Phuket’s largest temple;
- Highlights of Shanghai – Take in the sights and sounds of this storied Asian city on a full-day tour;
- Thai Orchid Farm & Cultural Show – From Bangkok, travel to the Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens, with its exquisite orchard nursery and cultural show;
- Yangon Delights – Spend a full day discovering Myanmar’s capital city of Yangon, with its lush landscape and gilded temples; and
- Lantau Island Monastery Exploration – Explore Hong Kong’s largest island, with its fishing community and renowned Po Lin Monastery.
On March 27 and April 5, Crystal Symphony offers 15-day itineraries between Hong Kong and Beijing that include a three-night complimentary Beijing land program. On April 20, the luxury ship offers an 11-day cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore and then continues east with a May 1 voyage from Singapore to Dubai. Fares start at $4,805 per person, double occupancy.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent or call 888-799-4625. Visit the line’s website, crystalcruises.com.