LOS ANGELES, November 17, 2008 – Teeing off near the dramatic cliffs at New Zealand’s Cape Kidnappers; rafting the raging waters of New Zealand’s Rangitaiki River and feeding kangaroos and koalas are a sampling of the new outdoor adventures on Crystal Cruises’ February and March Australia/New Zealand itineraries. Whether bicycling through Australia’s famed Barossa Valley or wine tasting in New Zealand’s Hawke’s Bay, wine enthusiasts can explore the region’s striking scenery while indulging their culinary passions.
Crystal Serenity’s 12-day February 17 cruise from Auckland to Sydney navigates Milford Sound and calls at New Zealand’s Tauranga, Wellington, Dunedin plus a maiden call in Napier, while the 18-day March 1 itinerary from Sydney to Singapore visits Australia’s Melbourne, Adelaide, Fremantle/Perth, Broome; and Indonesia’s Bali and Semarang, plus a maiden call in Komodo Island.
“There’s such an abundance of outdoor opportunities that are unique to this area, from zip lining through the rain forest and meeting local wildlife, or savoring the many flavors of the region’s renowned wine and cuisine, there are numerous occasions for one to experience Australia and New Zealand al fresco,” says John Stoll, director of land programs.
Outdoor adventures include:
- *NEW* Waitangi, New Zealand – Swim with the dolphins – and perhaps penguins and orcas.
- *NEW* Tauranga, New Zealand – Rafting on the Rangitaiki River.
- *NEW* Melbourne, Australia – Relish the fine wines produced at Penfolds, Australia’s groundbreaking and award-winning vintner.
- *NEW* Adelaide, Australia – Visit Southern Australia’s Barossa Valley for exclusive wine tasting at Jacob’s Creek, Peter Lehmann Winery and Yaldara Estate.
- *NEW* Dunedin, New Zealand – Explore the filming locations of Lord of the Rings by helicopter, as well as the breathtaking New Zealand landscapes and the Misty Mountains.
- *NEW* Bali, Indonesia – Ride an elephant at the Bali Elephant Safari Park, then venture into the Bali Bird Sanctuary.
- *NEW* Komodo Island, Indonesia – Explore Komodo National Park, the habitat of the dragons of the same name, and likely spot a few as they hunt for food and greet visitors.
Other highlights include the magnificent Borobudur Temple in Indonesia and the annual Art Deco Weekend festival in Napier. As segments of Crystal’s 106-day “Pacific Circle Celebration” World Cruise, the itineraries also feature generously expanded onboard programming, with celebrity guest speakers, an Interactive Literary Review and language and keyboard classes through Berlitz and Yamaha. Crystal’s popular Wine + Food Experience of Discovery augments the abundance of culinary choices in Australia aboard the Sydney to Singapore itinerary.
Fares start at $7,740 per person, double occupancy. For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent or call 888-799-4625. Visit the line’s website, crystalcruises.com.